1. The machine looked like a large, ________ , old-fashioned typewriter.
2. Though she began her ______ by singing in a local pop group, she is now a famous Hollywood
3. Considering your salary, you should be able to _____ at least twenty dollars a week.
A. put forward
B. put up
C. put out
D. put aside
4. As he has _______ our patience, we’ll not wait for him any longer.
5. These teachers try to be objective when they _______ the integrated ability of their students.
6. Mrs. Morris's daughter is pretty and _______, and many girls envy her.